新闻中心
时事动态
海外随笔
时事动态 当前位置:首页 >> 新闻中心 >> 时事动态  
加拿大移民手册之生存常用习语
•Pull over!把车子开到旁边。 

•Drop me a line!写封信给我。 

•Give me a ring. = Call me!来个电话吧! 

•For here or to go?堂食或外卖。 

•cool; That's cool! 等于年轻人常用的囗语“酷!”,表示不赖嘛!用于人或事均可。 

•What's up? = What's happening? = What's new? 见面时随囗问候的话“最近在忙什么有什么新鲜事吗”一般的回答是“Nothing much!”或“Nothing  new!” 

•Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。 

•Don't give me a hard time! 别跟我过不去好不好! 

•Get yourself together! 振作点行不行! 

•Do you have "the" time? 现在几点钟?可别误以为人家要约你出去。 

•Hang in there. = Don't give up. = Keep trying. 再撑一下。 

•Give me a break ! 你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话) 

•Hang on. 请稍候。 

•Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。 

•What a big hassle. 真是个麻烦事。 

•What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。 

•Go for it. 加油 

•You bet. = Of course. 当然;看我的! 

•Wishful thinking. 一厢情愿的想法。 

•Don't be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好。 

•It's a long story. 唉!说来话长。 

•How have you been? = How are you doing? 你过得如何?近来可好? 

•Take things for granted. 自以为理所当然。 

•Don't put on airs. 别摆架子。 

•Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧! 

•Have a crush on someone. 迷恋某人。 

•What's the catch? 有什么内幕? 

•Party animal. 开Party狂的人(喜欢参加舞会的人)。 

•Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 讨厌的东西、人或事。 

•Skeleton in the closet. 家丑 

•Don't get on my nerve! 别把我惹毛了! 

•Afat chance. =A poor chance. 机会很小。 

•I am racking my brains. 我正在绞尽脑。 

•She's a real drag. 她真有点碍手碍脚。 

•Spacingout.=daydreaming. 做白日梦。 

•I am so fed up. 我受够了! 

•It doesn't go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。 

•What's the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重点是什么? 

•By all means.=Definitely. 一定是。 

•Let's get a bite. = Let's go eat. 去吃点东西吧! 

•I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It's on me. = My treat. 我请客 

•Let's go dutch. 各付各的 

•My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服 

•diarrhea [dai r'i ] 拉肚子 

•吃牛排时,waitor 会问“How would you like it ?” 就是问“要几分熟?”的意思,可以选择 rare,medium 或 well-done。 

•I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服! 

•May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人请你吃饭,你不能赴约,只好请他改到下一次。) 

•I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不对劲! 

•Let's get it straight. 咱们把事情弄清楚! 

•What's the rush! 急什么! 

•Such a fruitcake! 神经病! 

•I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later. 待会儿,我会来转一下。 

•I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 这个消息是千真万确的(tip指消息)! 

•easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。 

•flunk out 被当掉。 

•take french leave 不告而别。 

•I don't get the picture. =I don't understand. 我不明白。 

•You should give him a piece of your mind. 你应该向他表达你的不满。 

•hit the road = take off = get on one's way 离开。 

•Now he is in the driver's seat =He is in control now. 

•Keep a low profile (or low key). 采取低姿态。 

•Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。 

•klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白痴、笨蛋。 

•know one's way around 识途老马。 

•lion's share 大部份。 

•tailgate 尾随(尤其跟车跟得太近)。 

•take a back seat. 让步。 

•take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滚开。 

•hit the hay =go to bed 睡觉。 

•Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 载我一程好吗? 

•green hand 生手、没有经验的人。 

•moonshine = mountain dew 指私酿的烈酒(威士忌)或走私的酒。胡说八道也可用

moonshine。His story is plain moonshine. 

•chill out =calm down =relax(来自黑人英语) 
 
 
                                                                            彼岸编辑(2015/07/01)

版权所有:北京墨场文化交流有限公司
地址:北京市海淀区中关村科技发展大厦C座2006室
电话:010-62266824/010-62263753 邮箱:be_on@sina.com
网站建设技术支持:恒基联合 备案号:京ICP备13000270号-1